Thursday, November 5, 2020

Next Week, Get Ready For...FYRECON, 2020 Edition!


Like everyone, we've all gone without this year. Many have given up vacations to far-away lands, family gatherings have been missed, and hanging out with friends had to be done in front of screens. Our family has not been immune from this, but not to the same extent as others.

One thing I've missed, however, is attending writing conventions.

I've been attending conventions for years, more than some, less than others. One year I think I hit seven or eight--that was a busy year. One of the conventions I did not attend that year was Fyrecon.

Why?

Because it hadn't started yet.

Fyrecon 4 begins a week from tonight. Because creative people don't take "no" for an answer, they've found a way to have a convention digitally. Pretty much all conventions have had to go this route, because without a virtual option, there would be no conventions.

I'm responsible for one class this year and I'm looking forward to the discussion. The topic? Writing and Social Media: Dos and Don'ts. Now, full disclosure, I am not an "expert" on social media. I don't know all the "dos and don'ts," but like many of the topics I recommend to conventions, I hope to come away from the experience learning something new.

I'm not going to say I'm clueless when it comes to social media. I mean, I have successfully written 3575 blog posts (without missing a single day...), 3576 including this one, and those posts have been accessed almost a half a million times. Does this make me an expert? Hardly. But, I've learned a few things over the years.

I attended the first three Fyrecons and I couldn't recommend them enough. This one will be different, obviously. Hanging out with author friends and meeting new incredibly talented people is one of the biggest reasons why I like to attend. Not this time--this time, it's all about the classes. If you're interested in attending, my class or all the others, just click: HERE for more information.

Fyrecon...Ignite Your Creativity!



No comments:

Post a Comment