Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Goodnight...Sweet Angel


 When you get the news that someone has passed, if you knew that person in any capacity, reality sort of stops for a moment. It's as if that spirit that dwelled with you in the same space, the same realm is missing. 

A void opens, and you feel alone.

But, when that spirit is special--and I mean "special" in every definition of that word--the loss is unique, as unique as the personality contained in that imperfect shell.

We found out this week a former neighbor passed away. Condolences have flowed on social media and the word that best describes her is, "angel." 

And she truly was.

There are so many things I don't understand in this life, so many mysteries, so many unknowns. I have no idea the reasons for her physical limitations. I chalk it up to a higher understanding, a higher law, a higher love. It's most likely something my brain cannot possibly comprehend. But, I do know what I know, and I know that this girl possessed the ability to make those around her feel the love she had for others. It's a rare gift very few have.

I had not seen much of my neighbor in the past couple of years, and due to covid, people with compromised immunity were just not there. Since we moved, chances were good that we may not have the chance to see her again in this life, to see that smile, to get that hug. But, hearing the news doesn't lessen the impact.

Goodnight, sweet angel. Whether you knew it or not, you made our lives better and you will be truly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment