Monday, November 9, 2020

Visiting Friends...At The Tremonton Library


In another episode of New Life Is A Lot Like The Way Things Used To Be, I visited the Tremonton Library last week, and once again I was reminded of how life used to be. The library's not the largest collection of books I've ever seen, but it contains many treasures.

I saw many books written by friends.

The library is not big. Of course, in a modern world, you can order books to be delivered to even the smallest of libraries, plus, there's always digital downloads where you can get almost any book ever written. You don't need a big building for that...just a Kindle.

As we browsed, I spotted a book written by a good friend, Scott Tarbet. Scott and I sort of began our literary adventure together, both with Xchyler Publishing. I loved seeing Scott's first novel, A Midsummer Night's Steampunk. I've always loved that cover.

Then, I spotted Dan Willis's The Flux Engine. I met Dan at the first convention I ever attended--also the first time I met Scott Tarbet. The Flux Engine had been released and Dan was pushing it.

I spotted Margot Hovley's Glimmering Light next. I've been friends with Margot for a long time. She's a great author and a better person--so glad to see that book.

Before we left I saw Sara Larson's Warriors of Wing and Flame, I believe it's her latest. I've been fortunate enough to be on a few FanX writing panels with her and she's been kind enough to sign several books for my daughter, books I've read.

I'm sure there are more books from my friends in the library--didn't have time to check them all out. I hope to return many times, and I hope one day my book/books will be among those of my friends.

Even though it's a small building, it contains many treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment