Monday, November 30, 2020

Anatomy Of A Photograph...


 I remember, back when I started telecommuting in 2018, I was a little worried I'd run out of things to photograph and use for my Pic Of The Day. It's true, from that point on most of the photos I used came from inside or around my house. Finding new things to photograph made me be a little more creative...

And, after all, wasn't that the whole point of the pictures?

Fast forward two years. We've moved into a new home in a town an hour away. If I thought I was a homebody then, that's nothing to my life now. The last time I drove my car was Friday. It may not move for another week. In other words, I am home all the time and once again on the search for things to photograph.

Which leads me to a little picture I snapped and shared a few weeks ago.

I think I was on my way to get some a quick dinner--there are several fast food establishments a few miles to the south. To get there, we drive out of our newly established neighborhood, past several horse properties, then onto the flats. Because our new town is agrarian, there are water canals all over this valley. It's amazing how much water there is up here. I turned right and crossed the canal. I glanced west and the sky above was on fire. The sight was amazing.

I drove a few feet, then pulled over. I doubled back and parked Donk the Subaru. I got out and snapped a couple of pictures, hoping some may turn out. I found one I liked and shared it. It's not a perfect picture--far from it, but I like the colors. I like how the water below breaks up the dark negative space. But, what I like most, is it's a few of our new home, a way to see this beautiful area for how it is...

I need to get out more and take more pictures of the area. With things getting colder, I'll probably spend more and more time inside, so I've got to kick that creative thing up a notch. Hopefully, as we put in a yard complete with beautiful plants and flowers, I'll have more things to photograph. Until then, I'll keep my eyes peeled for all the amazing things that surround us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment