Thursday, August 15, 2024

Back In The Saddle Again...


 Tonight, I found myself sitting in a room once used for tennis, listening to orientation trainings, the same trainings I've heard the past half dozen years. I know it's repetitive, and I know it's repetitive for those giving the training. I also know how important it is for insurance and other reasons.

I'm signed up for another go.

It's a great gig.

I sat among forty or so other applicants, almost all of them doing something other than what I'll be doing. My job is very unique...there's only one person on the whole park who does it, and that person is me. 

We sat together. The presenter asked how long we had worked at the park. She started with two years. Almost everyone raised their hand. She uped it to five years, most put their hands down. She said eight years...it was me and another. Ten years--I alone kept my hand raised.

The fun begins next month, each weekend until after Halloween. I work with wonderful people...a truly amazing show. I can't say enough about it. Actually, I can't say anything about it. You must experience it.

Speaking of which, if you're going to Frightmares at Lagoon this fall and you are fortunate enough to see the show Séance, you'll see me. If I don't know you, please introduce yourself. If you do know me, we'll catch up.

Another year...back in the saddle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment