Wednesday, August 28, 2024

I Thought The Results Would Be Different...


 I came across this from the internet a few weeks ago. People put out these things like this all the time so I have no idea if it's valid or not. In some ways, it would be cool if it's valid, but in other ways, it might not be. I mean, RUSH being a most popular classic rock band in only one state?

Exactly.

If you're like me, you love RUSH. I think I saw this band perform live more than any other group. Of course, back in the 70s and 80s, attending a rock concert wasn't the ordeal it is today. For starters, tickets were only $10 back then, so when the bands put out a new album every other year, you did what you could to get tickets. 

I look at this picture and I can understand why some states chose their favorite bands, Lynard Skynard in the South, ZZ Top in Texas...these things make sense. What doesn't make sense to me is that RUSH was only one state's favorite...mine. Only Utah chose RUSH. I would have thought the band would appear on more states. 

If it is real, it makes me a little sad. Such a classic group...America would do right in honoring our neighbors to the north with more states.

The thing is, just because only one state chose RUSH, doesn't really matter. We pride ourselves in our individuality, in our right to think differently...at least, we did at one time. Our choice makes us unique, sort of special. 

That's pretty cool, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment