Friday, August 16, 2024

I've Missed The Football...


 Yes, football has returned. It's high school ball, but at this point, I don't care. I'm glad it's back. It's a sign of things to come...a sign of bigger and better things, or more specifically, bigger and better players, games, stakes.

I'm not the world's greatest fan. I almost never attend the games in person. And, we have limited access to the various games. It's amazing for less than the price of one season ticket to a regular college football home schedule, a person can see almost every college game played across the country all year. We do live in interesting times.

It's halftime...my beloved Darts are getting their hats handed to them.

I don't alway pull for the best teams.

We live a couple of miles from the local high school here. They have a loyal following. Many of my neighbors went to school there, as did their kids and their kids's kids. The local team doesn't win every game, either. But, a sports program isn't just about winning. It's about learning, growing, adjusting, facing harsh things...

Being human.

Sports can be poetry. It's an art form, and when spirt and body combine, you'll see miracles. 

I've missed it...glad it's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment