Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Even Spammers Think I'm An Old Fogey...


 I play solitaire on my phone from time to time. It's relaxing, and as long as I tell myself I'm not addicted to the game, I'm not. Last night while playing a game, an ad popped up...the ad you see here.

Rude, right?

I mean, I'm no boomer...born a year or two too late, but still...not a boomer.

It's interesting. Can the spammer determine the age of those playing a game by the way they play? I would hardly think so, unless it's commonly known that only boomers (or soon to be boomers...) play solitaire on their phones. That's a real possibility, actually.

Then there's a more sinister thought. Maybe the spanners have access to everything else done on a phone and they can guess my approximate age by other means. Personally, there's nothing that surprises me when it comes to personal privacy, or the lack thereof, these days. Anything's possible.

I took a snapshot of the ad, but that's all I'm going to do. Yes, I play solitaire from time to time, but I'm not taking their bait no matter how much better it would be to have large cards, enhanced graphics or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment