Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Scenes From A Storm...


 We finally got a summer lightning storm. 

And it seems everyone saw it.

Everyone around here, anyway.

I've seen pictures and videos of the storms everywhere since it hit two nights ago. 

I like to say we live at the top of the great Salt Lake Basin. North of us...mountains. Mountains to the east and west as well, but south, you can see for over a hundred miles. It opens like a huge carpet flowing to the Great Salt Lake. And when these summer lightning storms roll in, it can be breathtaking. This last storm did not disappoint. 

The pictures are not stellar. Since I'm not good at snapping lightning when it strikes, I set my phone to record and just stand there, hoping to catch some of the brilliance that we get to experience. I then scroll through the video stopping on the bright flashes and take a screen shot. I got a few good pics. 

Hopefully, we'll get a few more storms. And if that happens, hopefully, I'll get a few more shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment