Saturday, August 17, 2024

This Map...Not So Much


 Back on August 10th of this year, I found an Itchy Feet comic. The comic showed a humorous take on an average European city. I loved it, so much, I blogged about it, and several people agreed with my takes. You can read the post by clicking: HERE.

In the blog post I thought it would be fun if someone did the same thing for an average American city. Turns out Itchy Feet did. I thought the European city (or the ones I'm familiar with...) comic was spot on. This one...

Not so much.

It's not that the comic is wrong. It just doesn't reflect cities in my part of the country.

I should say, Utah is peculiar in many ways...the way the cities are set up on one of them. Those who settled the areas followed a predictable and well-organized (if not boring...) plan...grids. The middle of our towns will have main and/or state streets, but then you've got 100 East, 500 South, 200 North, and so on. The houses then are numbered like normal. A typical house number in Utah is 56 South, 600 West. You don't need GPS to find that.

I imagine the above comic is spot on for many U.S. cities...

Just not ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment