Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Don't Know Jerome Myles...But I Believe He's Got A Bright Future


 During the "Horse Latitudes" of college football (or what I call summer...), the only real news available are snippets...tidbits of information about teams, conferences, and especially players. Most of it are social media posts from Monday-morning quarterbacks who proclaim the team(s) they follow will not only excel in the upcoming year, but will in it all.

Since that's all there is, I take notice.

I heard about a local high school football player Jerome Myles when he de-committed from Ole Miss, igniting the hope of many around the country that he might end up at their school. He recently posted a list of his Top 10.

Simply amazing.

The young man has the opportunity to attend the best college football teams in the nation. If he signs with any of them, does good, and stays healthy, he's golden. When I look at his post, it's almost unbelievable, considering how difficult it is to be recruited from these schools. 

It's also an honor for the U of U that they're considered a choice. It is a local school, of course, but in many pre-season polls, Utah is considered by many to be a Top 10 school. 

Like I said, I don't know him. I hope he makes the best choice for him and his family. My selfish side hopes he chooses that local option, but if not, I hope he says healthy, doesn't get too full of himself, and uses his God-given talent to bless his family, his fans, and himself.

Looks like he's got a bright future, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment