Friday, September 13, 2024

Every Year I Worry...If The Suit Still Fits


 If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know autumn is my favorite season. I dislike the heat of summer so when things cool down, it's heavenly. I love football season and the start of the holidays, with Halloween being the first.

Love Halloween.

Except for the covid year in 2020, I've been involved in a Halloween show at our local amusement park. The show's Séance, and it's fantastic. Those fortunate enough to have experienced the show know what I'm talking about. Back in 2017 we began our adventure and I was given our costumes, our uniforms, the clothes we needed to wear.

Eight years later...the suit still fits.

Before covid, I did a lot of community theater, a couple of shows a year. Doing a show kept me "in my clothes," as it were. I could (almost...) eat whatever I wanted and didn't have to worry about fitting into my suit when Halloween rolled around. After covid, I haven't done one show, except Séance. And it's not a "physical" show...not a lot of dancing--none, in fact...except maybe backstage...at times.

This year, I went through the usual pre-show "does my suit still fit" jitters. Turns out, it fit well, better than the past couple of years. If you're in the area and want to see Séance, come check it out. And if you do, you'll see me in a suit that still fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment