Sunday, September 8, 2024

Give Thanks...There's Man-Made, Then, There's God-Made


 You might have missed it, and not necessarily because of your eyes. The picture--depending on where you saw it--shows an almost hidden treasure. If you look in the upper right-hand corner, you'll see something I missed the first time I looked at the photo.

It's something man-made.

I took the photo because the cloud and the sun behind it. The rays extending out were beautiful. I wasn't sure if I'd use it for my Pic Of The Day, but I thought it might work. When I took a second look , I noticed the vapor trail behind a jet. That's when I thought about man-made vs. God-made. 

There's really no comparison. 

On this fading Summer evening, I drove home and watched an incredible Northern Utah sunset. I was driving so I didn't get a photo. That's okay because the scene became part of me, part of who I was. It was another example of God's handiwork. I saw the sunset as I drove a car 71 m.p.h...the car being one of mankind's greatest accomplishments.

Beautiful sunset vs. functioning automobile?

No comparison.

I'm thankful I captured both man-made and God-made accomplishments in one photo. I'm thankful for both, actually. We live in amazing times.

No comments:

Post a Comment