Friday, September 27, 2024

That's, Um...Impressive

As a volunteer with FanX, I had the opportunity to wander the vendor floor before the crowds descended. I've been involved in every show since it began in 2013. I've walked the floor every year, but this year something caught my attention, something that stopped me in my tracks.

Brandon Sanderson's Dragonsteel booth.

It's spectacular.

If you're familiar with the author and have followed his career (especially in the past couple of years...) you know he's done well, and by well, I mean...well, extremely well. And good for him. I've only met him a few times and each time, a true gentleman.

Any author who's been in the game for more than a short time, you know marketing is part of the deal. All the successful local authors I know understand they need to market not only their works, but they need to market themselves as well. But even the best salespeople know they have to produce the works...they need to put in the work.

I went back a few hours later, once the throngs of people arrived. The Dragonsteel booth was packed and the line to get books signed by the author was long as well. If you go to FanX this year, check out Brandon's booth.

It's truly impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment