Monday, September 9, 2024

Happy Birthday...President Nelson


 In the section of the country where I live, many are celebrating a man who turns one-hundred years old today, the leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, President Russell M. Nelson. I've never met him personally, but I join many of my friends, family, neighbors, and others around the world wishing him a happy birthday.

President Nelson was born the same year as my father, who would have turned one-hundred in November, also. Like any leader, some do not like the man, or the organization he steers. He's an easy target, someone who has his beliefs that may not align with others. I'm sure many are doing the opposite of wishing him a happy birthday.

Reaching one-hundred years is a milestone. Heck, I'm closer to one-hundred than I am to zero. I have no idea if I'll make it or not. I can say that the changes I've experienced in the past decade were more than I expected. Another four decades...who knows?

So, on this day, the 9th of September, 2024, I raise a toast of root beer (or original Coca-Cola, if the mood strikes me...) to President Nelson. Happy birthday, President. Here's to even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment