Saturday, September 7, 2024

Introducing...Stitch


 Hello, there.

Last month we did something crazy...crazy, for us, anyway. We went to an auto dealership and left signing documents for a new--to us--automobile. 

Like everyone, our family is changing, transitioning. All of our children have graduated from their teenage years. Now, all of our children have cars and/or a truck. I have Donk, my Subaru Forester, and we had our trusty Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Sienna. Since the kids had their own cars, we didn't need the Vibe, and since we're no longer needing to haul kids around, we didn't need the van.

So, we picked up a Hyundai. 

You can blame my mom-in-law for our conversion to Hyundais. She bought her first Hyundai, a Santa Fe, ten or so years ago, and she loved it. So much so, she bought another one. We wanted a fuel-efficient car, plus something that's all-wheel drive. Hyundai's fit the bill. We test-drove a couple and found this Tucson with low miles and bought it. We haven't bought a car from a dealer since 2008.

Big changes...small changes.

What's interesting is, this is my wife's car. The van was technically hers, too, but I it felt more like ours. When she and I would go somewhere, I drove the van...it was just understood. Now, I've driven Stitch a few times, but it just feels like her car (and the stickers and pink sparkly license plate holder confirm it...).

It's been dubbed "Stitch" and it fits. 

Another funny thing--it's silver. Mine is the only non-silver/gray car we've had in decades. I like the color, but it would have been fun with something else. Introducing, Stitch. 

Good name.

No comments:

Post a Comment