Tuesday, September 10, 2024

How Much Is Too Much...? I Never Know


 This past summer we happened upon an estate sale. They were selling everything, and I mean, everything. They had an entire room just for jewelry. In that room I spotted a bottle of Polo, by Ralph Lauren. It's been decades since I bought any kind of cologne. I never wear the stuff.

Which begs the question...how much is too much?

Polo was big when I was in high school and in my twenties. I never bought any then, either. It was pretty pricey. At the estate sale I picked up this bottle for $5. I brought it home and opened up the cap. It was potent. Since I don't go out in public that often, no need to be smelling my best for others. Plus, my family has sensitivity to smells, especially cologne and perfume fragrances. 

I decided to use it for my weekend gig. I'm out in public. I ought to be non-offensive-smelling...thought I'd give it a try. Since I don't wear it that often, I had to ask my co-workers if what I put on was too much. I thought I had overdone it. Turns out, not so much. The last thing I wanted to do was be "that guy," the one who you can smell coming a minute before they enter the room.

In the seven previous seasons of my gig, I never put on cologne. I might abandon the whole thing this year, too. I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment