Sunday, January 2, 2022

Give Thanks...Being Able To Support My Sister, One More Time


 Tomorrow we'll gather to remember my sister, her life, and try, albeit, unsuccessfully to express what she means to us. Growing up I attended scores of funerals--that happens when your oldest aunts and uncles were born before the First World War. I attended as a child, but they didn't have a lot of personal meaning for me. Many of the people I hardly knew.

Naturally, as I've gotten older, funerals mean more to me, and the older I get, the tougher they become. Tomorrow, I'm entering uncharted waters. I've said "goodbye" to both parents, and a few cousins...never to a sibling.

My sister's funeral is tomorrow, 2pm (viewing 12:45 - 1:45pm) at the Farmington Russen Mortuary. If you want to attend, more information can be found on my sister's obituary. You can access it by clicking: HERE.

In twenty-four hours, it'll be over. There will be some comfort in that, but the only comfort that comes after going through something you don't necessarily want to do.

I can't thank everyone enough for the comments and heart-felt condolences from so many of you. So many people reached out, even if it was as simple as an acknowledgement from a social media post. It helped us beyond my ability to say. Please know your prayers and kind words were appreciated. 

It's strange to say I'm grateful for a funeral, because I'm not. I wish we didn't have to go--that it wasn't needed, but I am grateful to have known Tara and to call her my sister. I'm grateful that will be able to gather as a group of family and friends to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment