Sunday, January 9, 2022

Give Thanks...The Love And Support Of Others


 Two weeks ago tomorrow, my sister collapsed at work. A week ago tomorrow, we held a funeral to say goodbye.

How fast things can change.

I can't imagine few things as tough as losing a family member. In my immediate family, we had five people. Now, only two remain. After my sister's heart attack, we found rather quickly that the prognosis was not good, so we prepared for the worst, And when the worst was confirmed, we proceeded with funeral plans. We made public the announcement.

Then, the comments...the love and support...came flooding in.

Simply put, I was overwhelmed at the responses. I heard from life-long friends, many that knew my sister personally. I heard from many who have never met my sister, but knew only me--all offered their support and condolences. Even a simple emoji response to a post on social media meant so much for me and my family. 

I am so grateful for everyone who reached out, who offered kind words of love and support. It means more than I can adequately express. 

After the final words were said at the gravesite, my brother's family broke out the lanterns. Children and adults (of course, I can only speak for myself...) loved watching the beautiful lantern ascend into the heavens. It was a fitting end of an experience none of us wanted. I hope I always remember the outpouring of support from everyone, even if I cannot thank you personally. I hope you know it meant the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment