Saturday, January 1, 2022

Who Knew A Year Ago...I Was Basically Doing The Same Thing? Facebook, That's Who

 


If you're still on Facebook (and I know many of my friends are not...), you are notified of things you posted in the past on their anniversaries. I usually skip them...go on to something else, but today, I decided to see what I posted a year ago.

It was about writing.

Of course, I saw this after I spent some time today actually writing. Last year, I started to re-work my story of a newly called Relief Society President who happens to be a witch. Today, I wrote the final words for Volume I of a team of demon hunters in the time of Christ.

It's been a year. I've ended both stories.

I haven't finished two novels in a long time. Well...considering I've only written four novels in fifteen years, it's never happened.

What is it about New Years Day that makes us reflect on where we are in our life and where we're going? Is there some cosmic force that turns humans into goal-creating guinea pigs? I don't know. Each year, I think about setting goals like, "write two novels a year," or "lose weigh," or "make more money." To be honest, I don't think I've ever specifically made those last two...more like "get in shape," or "do better at work."

Not the same.

I am hoping to do more writing this next year. I find writing is an exercise in overcoming the mind more than the words.

I wonder if in one year's time will I once again post about writing and then be reminded--again--that I did the same thing last year and the year before that.

Then again, maybe one of my goals should be quitting Facebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment