Friday, January 14, 2022

...Is Another Man's Treasure


 The other day I came across an account on Twitter of a long-haul truck driver. Someone I follow had liked a post of his. I read it and I decided to follow him...not really sure why. He has several thousand followers and I joined the many.

The other day I noticed he was tweeting as he drove across the country. Then he posted a video of his rig driving down a Utah canyon. I thought, "cool." He's in my home state. Then, he posted another picture--one I posted here--and you can definitely tell it's Utah.

Again, I thought, "cool."

For fun, I decided to check out the comments. That's something I would not necessarily recommend if you're not familiar with Twitter, but his followers seems to be a civil lot so I thought I'd check them out. The comments were overwhelmingly positive about the picture. They commented on the view he saw in the morning, and even the church. More than one identified the correct denomination of the building.

I looked at the shot and wondered where the trucker parked his truck that night. I thought at first it was somewhere in Utah County. There are several places along the interstate where the mountains are in the distance like they are in the photo.

Then, I looked again...

And I noticed he parked about five miles from my house.

This is the view someone would get if they parked at the Texaco Station at the first Tremonton exit northbound on I-15. When I read his tweet, I looked out my office window at the same mountain.

It made me think. All those people commented on how incredible the view was and how lucky the trucker was to be able to see such a view. Commenters were blown away at how beautiful it was. Now, of course, they might have been just saying positive things to the trucker to be nice, but I honestly believe the comments were sincere. That made me think of something else. When we decided to move north, many people couldn't believe it. I mean, we came from one of the most desirable places to live in the whole state. But, since we've move here, I've found this valley amazingly beautiful. 

Many who don't know this area might not know how incredible it is, but the trucker found out and so did the commenters. It's something we've known for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment