Sunday, January 23, 2022

Give Thanks...Doing A Little Extra


 Earlier this month, I found myself having a procedure done and it took place at the hospital I can literally see from our front porch. It's a mile away. In the short time we've lived here, we've interacted with that building a couple of times.

One thing you can say about the place is they go the extra mile.

A few days after I received a card in the mail thanking me for choosing them. I suppose I "chose" them--I could have gone somewhere else, but that never crossed my mind. We never thought about going somewhere else. 

If someone had stopped me on the street and asked me how my experience was at the Bear River Valley Hospital, I would say, "Great." Because it was. But after receiving the card (by the way, the people in the photo actually have well-defined features--I blurred their faces on purpose...), it makes me feel even better about the place. I'm grateful they did a little extra.

My cynical mind makes me think that the hospital believes they need to be proactive in marketing because of the competition. Then again, maybe they're just nice and want to thank their patrons and patients for their choices. 

Either way, it made me feel better, so mission accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment