Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Callbacks...


I arrived just before 7pm, the assigned time for callbacks. I entered the theater through the assigned door and the place was packed. This I did not expect. Then again, there are a lot of new experiences this time around.

 

I've done a number of community theater shows over the years and I've been lucky enough to get in every show for which I've auditioned. Now, I know my talent level (or know my approximate talent level...) and I know that for many shows, being a guy who can sing goes a long way to making a cast. And I have cute kids which also helps. I left the building tonight wondering if I was going to be cast.


Don't you hate it when you're driving home from an audition and you think to yourself, "Self--I should have sung it like this!" I do. I was, however, pleased with the way I sang. For the past several months I've had a nagging cough that has killed my range, so I was surprised I was able to hit any of the high notes at all. I suppose it's all in the hands of the director now. We'll know by the end of the week.


You may be asking yourself, why do you do this? Why put in the time for free to do a show that will take up basically three months of my life? For me, it's a chance to do something special with my kids. We'll see what happens this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment