Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's All About Context...


I took this picture at work today.

Now, on the surface, the picture shows a worker wasting time playing solitaire. Would it make a difference in your reaction if I said that I took the picture at 12:15pm today while the class in the conference room had not yet started? Perhaps playing computer solitaire isn't the best thing to do on your lunch break. There are worse things to do, of course.

Our computers are down so we have to do everything manually *

This is one of my favorite cartoons, and I thought of it when I saw what was on the screen in the conference room. Do you think these two ladies are at lunch? Probably not, but they could be. It's all about of context.

*Funny cartoon used without permission from: http://public.fotki.com/GaryGS1/fotki_fun/humor/our-computers-are.html

No comments:

Post a Comment