Friday, September 14, 2012

LUW Bootcamp Workshop...


Almost a year ago I attended my first writing conference. It was kind of a downer. This spring I attended two more and they were better. Today I went to a workshop presented by the League of Utah Writers. I was sort of a pre-conference event held the day before the big show.

I wasn't planning on going to any more writing events this year...they can get kind of pricy. But this year my teenage son was invited so I decided to join him at the workshop. For those unfamiliar with the format, we gathered in small groups and critiqued each others writings. There were five of us at our table, plus the representative from the league.

I volunteered to have my paper critiqued first, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We're all in the same spot, people who have put ourselves out there by submitting something created in our minds and transferred to the printed page.

There's always more to learn and today I learned a lot. I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment