Saturday, September 29, 2012

Post Conference Gatherings...


"Sure," I said to my wife. I'll just drop by Café Zupas and pick up some dinner. She wasn't feeling all that well so both of us delayed eating dinner until just before 8pm. I thought, the dinner rush will be over--I'll just pop in and out, no time at all.

Wrong...

You see, I failed to remember that tonight is a conference night and people attending said conference like to congregate after the religious meeting is over. And since tonight's conference was for women only and many (many...) of these women decided to have an after-conference meal at Café Zupas, I was surrounded by hungry skirt-wearing patrons.

Next Saturday night where I live, the hungry patrons will not be wearing skirts, but ties. It will be time for the men's conference meeting. I don't know if the men will be lining up for delicious salads with the choice of either soup or a sandwich, for the men attack--with veracity--the sweet shops. I believe every ice cream and/or dessert joint will be calling in extra workers for the invasion. For nothing shows our dedication to our religious beliefs than pigging out on unhealthy and delicious food! It's a tradition that many a dad passes on to his son, or sons. It's how we roll...

The wait was longer than usual, but I eventually picked up our dinners and headed home a little wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment