Friday, November 16, 2012

Those Darn Hubcaps...


I admit, I took the corner too sharp. It's a cool corner--it's in Layton, on an I-15 onramp. If you're a fan of "Top Gear" there's a corner on the time trial lap where the good drivers aim for the patch of dirt just after they pass the stack of tires and just before they enter the last two turns. Yeah, it's like that...

Yesterday I went a little too far off the road and it was quite bumpy. "Ouch," I believe I said to myself. And when I looked in my rear view mirror I saw that think circle rolling alone on the road toward my slowing car. There it was...another hubcap taken from my little car.


I lost the first one a few months ago. That time I didn't realize it was missing until days later. Later, as I drove to work, I saw the missing hubcap resting by a building where I turn into my parking lot. I tried putting the hubcap back on the car, but it was damaged and wouldn't stay in place so I just put it in the back of the car.

Next week I'll not take the same corner so sharp, and I'll try to stop and retrieve my other hubcap (assuming Layton City hasn't cleaned the area this weekend...). Chances are it's damaged, too. I will then need to make a decision and as I see it, I've got three choices. I can, 1: buy four new hubcaps, 2: take the remaining two off the car, or 3: leave things as they are and experience two more times that feeling that something that was once part of the car is no longer there...

2 comments:

  1. My son's car (well, the car WE bought and are letting him use) is missing a hubcap as well. I always think he was his spare on ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a place in West Valley called "Hubcap Heaven" where we picked up a hubcap for our van. They have replacements as well as new.

    ReplyDelete