Saturday, November 10, 2012

Goodbye, Old Paint...


Back in my senior year of high school I took an acting class. It was the first acting class I ever took in my life. Because of this class, I signed up for a poetry reading competition at Utah State University during my senior year. I did not do well, but I enjoyed my experience. I performed (from memory...) a poem entitled: Goodbye, Old Paint. It was a humorous poem about a man saying goodbye to is trusty car. I tried finding the poem online, but I can't remember the author.

Today I bought a new camera. It also happens to be built into my new iPod. I've needed (okay...maybe not needed...) an iPod replacement for years, but I've delayed the purchase. The Kodak still works, but the shutter button doesn't operate to the standards needed by even an amateur photographer. So today I'm saying goodbye to my trusted and beloved Kodak point-and-shoot and joined others in the 21st century.

I cannot adequately express how much I love this red camera. I got it at a Black Friday sale years ago. It was a steal. When I began my daily blog almost 2 years ago I decided I wanted to include pictures in each of my blogs. I also wanted to post a "Picture Of The Day" on Facebook. Almost every daily picture was taken with this little camera. If you've followed the blog, you know that some of the pictures have been really good (in my opinion...) and it's due to that little red camera. 

I'll probably still carry the Kodak around with me, at least for a little while...until I get the hang of the new camera. Goodbye, Old Paint...you've been a great help in letting others know the amazing things I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment