Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank You...


Their job is to risk their lives so that those at home will not have to. They do things most would never do, and they volunteer.

They give aid to victims of disasters. They train and work and sweat and bleed for millions. They are fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, husbands, wives, brothers and sisters. They come from all over the country and all over the world, to defend the experiment of freedom.

And all they ask for in return is room and board for themselves and their families and respect, the respect of an appreciative country.

The world is dotted with the graves of Americans who crossed that line that separates those who will step forward and say, "Here I am. I will go," and the rest of us who allow them to serve. I know this little blog post can in no way adequately repay the sacrifice they've given. I can, however strive to keep my end of the bargain and respect those who fight for me. And I hope to always mean it when I say, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment