Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Lights 2012, Home Edition...



We have a great house for Christmas lights. Of course, if I were braver, it would look even better. When we built the house almost 10 years ago a friend suggested we put power outlets on the eves of the room for Christmas lights. We have four outlets, but we've only ever used one. One seems to be enough, for now.

 

 

I asked my kids to help put up the lights. My daughter came out and helped take the lights out of the boxes and hand them to me while I stood on the ladder. My oldest son also helped...he made me a sandwich for lunch (yum...). 


I handed my daughter my camera and she took a picture of our indoor cat (who occasionally goes outside...) on top of our shed. She also snapped a picture of me.


I don't know how many, but years ago my in-laws give us a starter pine tree. I swear the thing was only a few inches tall when we planted it. Now, like our kids, it's very tall. I needed a paint brush extender to guide the strings of lights around the thing. It worked quite well.


Last year we bought around 1300 lights either after Christmas or right before. I'm not sure, but I do know that they had not been used before. So this year's display is our most luminous. I don't think I'll ever be one to outdo myself (or my neighbors...) each year for Christmas decorating. But, if one day we have the means, I may pay someone to go and use those remaining three power outlets and really put on a show...


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Yes that little tree is growing proud and tall at the corner of your house.

    ReplyDelete