Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Christmas Carol...169 Years And Still Going Strong


According to Wikipedia (and other more reliable sources...) 169 years ago today, 19 December, Chapman and Hall Publishers published Charles Dickens's "A Christmas Carol." Tonight me and about 40 other friends performed an adaptation of this classic work. During the show I snapped a couple of pictures.

 


While surfing the interwebs I also found an interesting website from The Telegraph. "10 Things You Never Knew About Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol." You can access the site: HERE. There's details of his actions while writing the story, things he did while performing it on stage, as well as information about the story being involved in a piracy lawsuit (in which Dickens won...), and other interesting facts. Check it out--it's fun.



I know I've written so much about this production my daughter and I are doing this month. Doing a show like this requires so much time, but, as with anything we do in life, the more you put into something, the more you get out of it. Each time I do a show, I have so many fun memories. Writing about them and taking pictures helps preserve these memories for me, and hopefully, for others.


Today, and the anniversary of this wonderful story, I just wanted to say something about the man who made not only this show possible, but so many other literary classics. Thank you Charles Dickens! For everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment