Sunday, December 16, 2012

Karaoke Night...


I remember the last time I went to Karaoke Night at the theater three years ago. It was strange. After our show had ended, we got together and people got up and sang, mostly show tunes. I remember sitting there thinking how strange it was that all the singers participating had all these songs memorized that they could just sing them at the drop of a hat. Then again, the singers were so talented and have done many, many shows that maybe they could just sing songs at the drop of a hat. I wanted to join them, but I just didn't have anything ready. I wished I could be like everyone else.


Fast forward three years and another Karaoke Night was announced. This time, I found out more about how Karaoke Night functioned. You see, this time before Karaoke Night, we were told for those who wished to participate, we were to come with a minus track of the song we wanted to sing. Now it all made sense. The first time I didn't know the performers had rehearsed and practiced and came prepared. It was like a light was turned on and I was no longer in the dark.


Since it bugged me last time, I decided I wanted to sing something this time. Last night I did thanks to my friend, the talented Mr. Todd Wente. He and I were in a show the summer of 2011 and we sang a song from that show. I was never nervous singing the song in front of an audience when we did the show, but last night, it was a different story. The people in our casts are so talented...singing for them was a tad daunting. Thanks to Todd (who found the music for us...), I think it went pretty well.


Thanks to everyone who stayed after last night's show. The songs were fantastic and you made me not only understand Karaoke Night, but let me take the stage with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment