Wednesday, November 19, 2014

And In Comes The Gray Hair...


Some of you know this--the ones who shave their heads know this--that if you shave your head long enough, you end up forgetting what your natural hair is like. And since I've been shaving my head for over twenty years, each time I let it grow out, I'm in for a shock.

The last time I grew out my hair (other than now...), was a few years ago when I did a show. I always seem to grow out my hair when I'm doing a show. Back when I had hear, I was a toe head, a blondie, especially in the summer when my hair turned basically white.

But a few years ago when it came in, it was kind of a brown color--no longer blond. There was a touch of gray in it, though. Personally I'm not opposed to gray. I think it's cool, because gray hair turns to white hair and in my opinion, there's no cooler color of hair than pure white.

When I grew it out for my latest play, it came in pretty much all gray. And, to make things even more interesting, there's some crazy hairs that are not straight. If you know me at all, you know I have straight hair. My hair cannot be any other kind than straight. 

So, after this show, I'll probably go back to shaving my head. It's so much easier. But if and/or when the time comes when I choose to grow out my hair again, who knows what surprises may come?

No comments:

Post a Comment