Friday, November 14, 2014

Thanks For Lunch, Dave!


The train took me to Utah County where I had lunch today with a friend. It's kind of hard to believe I've only known Dave for just over a year. It seems like we've been friends much longer than that. Sometimes that's the way it goes.

Lunch was my idea. I needed help with my first self-published project and Dave's a pro, having already successfully released several books himself. Being the awesome guy he is, he foot the bill at a very nice place, a place we could sit and discuss my project, but also all the changes he's had in his literary career of late.

Of course, treating me to lunch is so in character for Dave. He and I have attended several writing conventions and comic cons and at each one, Dave looked out for others. He always thought of us lesser known authors and fought to get us table space so we could hawk our goods.

So, when it comes to Dave, I'm convinced Karma is real. For the next local comic con Dave has been called up to the big leagues. He'll be at the big table with the big boys and I couldn't be happier for him. Not only is he one of the nicest guys I know, but he's a wickedly talented writer and musician, and, I'm sure, a lawyer (though I have not personal knowledge of his legal skills...).

Thank you, Dave for lunch. It helped so much--I formatted half the book on the train ride home. Dave is also an example to me that hard work, not being a jerk to others and perseverance can really pay off. He's off to bigger and better things. One day I hope to be as well.

Then I'll be taking him to a fancy place to eat. Until then, I'll be treating our next lunch at Wendys.

No comments:

Post a Comment