Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happy Birthday, Son!


Yesterday we had a party to celebrate an event that occurred sixteen years ago. We welcomed our second child into our family and, as it was with the first, our lives have never been the same since. 

In our family, we have big birthdays. We do this because with four kids, we really can't afford to throw big parties for each birthday every year. The big birthdays come when the kids turn eight, twelve, and sixteen. Since it was my son's sixteenth birthday we had a party and he invited many many friends.

My son loves games, all types of games. Like most teenage boys, if he could, he'd play video games pretty much all day. So when he can't play electronic games, he turns to board and card games. Yesterday the living/dining room area in our house because Game Central.


We had snacks and drinks (well, water...), and lots of lively conversation. My son and his friends are amazing. We had kids ranging from eighteen to ten, all having a good time. I don't know if I would have allowed my ten-year old little brother crashing my sweet sixteen birthday party. But that's how my son is.

Today we went to church, relaxed a bit in the afternoon, then went to my cousins house for an extended family pie night. We each brought a pie and just enjoyed each other's company. And we even sang "Happy Birthday" so him before everyone left their separate ways.

Happy birthday, son. You are a great kid and we love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment