Monday, November 17, 2014

If You Could Choose...What Comic Con Panel Topic Would You Suggest?


Because I've participated in the past, I received an e-mail the other day from those involved in the upcoming Salt Lake Comic Con FanX asking for suggestions. They are soliciting suggestions for their upcoming events, specifically, what panels would we like to see in their next event.

On the surface, that seems like an easy question to answer. We want cool panels with engaging and sometimes bald panelists. We want them to be fun, educational, entertaining and interesting. And seeing how this will be the fourth installment of the Salt Lake Comic Con franchise, there's been a lot of fantastic panels already. 


How do they top that?

Since I initially thought it would be an easy exercise to do, I clicked "Reply" and began filling out my dream panel. Now, I'm not talking about the mega-panels that fill the joint with headline names like Stan Lee, or Nathan Fillian, or Adam Baldwin or almost the entire Star Trek TNG cast. I'm talking about those other panels, the ones on writing or cosplay or making movies on a budget of $2,184.00.


Yeah, those panels--the ones many at the Comic Cons don't even know exist. However, to me they're one of the most important parts of the entire thing (they're the reason I've been able to attend each of the three Cons...).

After some time, I was able to think of an interesting panel including some great local authors who would be considered experts on the subject. I'm interested to know, if you could, what panels would YOU recommend to the Comic Con panel planning committee? I'd love to hear your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment