Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Celebrating Our Anniversary...At Thyme And Seasons


Last week my wife and I celebrated our anniversary. We wanted to go somewhere new and we weren't sure where to go. Harnessing the power of the internet, my wife took to the web for recommendations. 

It came down to two--a place in Layton (about ten miles north...), or a place in Bountiful (about ten miles in the opposite direction...).

We went south.

I'm so glad we did!


My wife found an amazing place called Thyme And Seasons Market Place and it was good! The owner and executive chef Hai Fitzgerald converted the once convenience store to a market/restaurant that specializes in seafood and steaks. Those are two things we really like. Having never been there, we asked Hai for recommendations.

"We just got in some delicious escolar--best seafood in the place."


We ordered two dishes.


It's hard to see, but the menu is written on the wall and has a variety of options. Hai said you can come in every day and get a different meal. I believe it, too. Also, it's the kind of place that has all sorts of stuff up on the walls, old pictures, even money from different countries, so it's a feast for the eyes, as well.


As we left, I snapped a picture of a Lamborghini that parked next to our minivan. They had heard of the place, too. I'm hoping we find another excuse--and not just an anniversary--for us to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment