Friday, September 4, 2015

Gangrene Comedy Film Festival Presents "Full Steam"...Pure Awesomeness!


Last year I couldn't attend. Before that I missed the previous fourteen Gangrene Film Festivals because I knew nothing about it, except it had a great name. 


Then I met one of the coolest guys I think I know, Craig Nybo, and I promised myself this year I'd be going. What a party!



Each year, a new theme. This year--steampunk! There's so much potential when steampunk's your topic. Nybo and Company not only realized this, but took full advantage. With a live band and dancers up to the task, they put on a great show, the kind of show that relies on punched music and raw emotion oozing from horns, guitars, accordions, drums (conventional and adapted metal drums...) and a played saw. Add a vocal battle between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla, and you have a great show.



And that's just the opening act! Following the music are the films. I had a previous appointment so I couldn't stay for the films. Looks like I've got something to look forward to for next year. Here's some of what I saw tonight. It was a lot of fun.











No comments:

Post a Comment