Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Wendover Airfield Fly-In...This Weekend!


If you're in the Utah/Idaho/Nevada area (or anywhere else, for that matter...) there is something going on that doesn't involve dressing up as a superhero or getting your picture taken with your favorite celebrity.

It's really a lot more meaningful than that. This year they're commemorating the end of WWII.


My friend puts together the Wendover Air Shows each year, and for the past three years, the event has happened to fall on the same weekend as Salt Lake Comic Con. It wasn't planned that way--it's just how it worked out. Admittedly, there's not a lot of crossover fan conflicts when it comes to target audiences, but still. If you're looking for something to do, you might choose Comic Con than driving 90 miles or so due west of Salt Lake City to attend an event.


I've been fortunate enough to go to the air shows twice, once was back in 2012 when my wife and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary (which is today, by the way...), the air show was in town and we went. I really love being out there. Then again, my dad was part of a bombing crew in WWII so what that place represents means something extra for me.

If you're interested, the information is in these pictures, or you can go to the website: HERE

2015 Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment