Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Ever Conquered A County? My Mom-In-Law Has...


They trained for months and we wondered if they really were going to do it.


Turns out, they did.

My mother-in-law was part of a group of women who conquered our county. They decided to walk from one end of Davis County in Utah to the other, a distance of twenty-seven miles.


I had a rehearsal that morning so my wife, daughter and I met the group as they passed through Centerville. They were in good spirits and excited to see their goal completed.


I have a lot of respect for athletes who run marathons, half marathons and even the shorter 10K and 5K races. And I also have a ton of respect for a group of women that a few weeks ago on a beautiful Saturday walked together to prove they could do it.

Well done, Mom-In-Law!

Well done!


Newspaper photos used without permission from the Davis County Clipper

No comments:

Post a Comment