Thursday, September 24, 2015

Me...Cartoonized


I know clicking on certain links is gimmicky, but I just HAD to. I, along with what seems like half the country, created a cartoon of themselves through the Peanuts Movie website. And I know it's all an effort to do the their marketing for them, but I just couldn't resist.


The Peanuts cartoon-izer was pretty cool. There were lots of different options, hair, eyes, smile, clothes. I liked the finished product and I think it looks like me. Then again, a smooth bald-headed character already looks a lot like me. Many Halloweens I've donned my striped shirt and gone as Charlie Brown. It's a simple costume, simple and effective.


A few years ago, to help promote another animated movie, the Simpsons did the same thing. I LOVED the finished product I got from that website. Once again, a smooth shiny head goes a long way to making the cartooned picture resemble me.

I don't know if other animated films will use the same method of mass promotion in the future, but if they do, there's a pretty good chance I'll do it again. I'm a sucker for this type of gimmicky thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment