Monday, December 28, 2015

200,000 Plus Blog Page Views...



It's only taken five years--well, four years and eleven months for my little blog to reach 200,000 blog page views. That's about 3,390 views each month, or about 111 views a day for the 1802 blog posts I've written.

When I first started this project, I would check the stats religiously, sometimes several times a day. I don't think it was a vanity thing (although, it very well could have been...). I thought the whole idea fascinating! I was amazed that I could post something that had the potential to reach every single person online.

As time passed, I became less and less infatuated with the numbers. I actually thought I was under 200K and I was going to use this blog to ask for people to visit so I could eclipse that lofty number. No need to do that now (but, I'm still glad you decided to stop by...).

For many blogs, a hundred visits a day is nothing. They get thousands. But I decided a long time ago that the purpose of this site was not for the masses; it was for me. It was to keep me writing and if people happened to like it along the way, so much the better.

So, thank you, all you bored people out there! You've given my humble blog some respectability. And check back tomorrow--I'm sure I'll be prattling on about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment