Monday, December 7, 2015

Away...In A Manger


Last week a friend asked me if I could help him out. He needed some wise men, and for the life of me, I'm not sure why my name come up. But it did and he asked. 

And I said, "yes."

And I'm glad I did.

I was given the assignment to recruit two friends to join me, and they needed to be able to sing. Luckily, I have several friends who possess such talents. The first two I asked agreed to help.


I'm not going to tell you who asked me or where the nativity play was held. But it's an annual event, mostly held for family and close friends. I felt honored to be asked. They put on two shows--we counted the first as a rehearsal because the three wise men sort of didn't know all the things we should do. The second show, however--we nailed it! Brought the goods and sang four verses of We Three Kings


So, I'm standing in a barn surrounded by hay (of which I am allergic...) and with me are two other wise men. As I watched the play come to an end, I kept thinking of what a great experience I was having. It was such a pure, innocent event to celebrate the Christ child's birth.

My friend asked me to be a wise man. I think I was wiser when I left, than when I came.


No comments:

Post a Comment