Sunday, December 13, 2015

How Green Is My...Pond


"You really should go see the pond," my wife said to me after she and our oldest son at home took a drive to see our little town's largest water source. 

"Really? How green is it?" was my response.

"It's really green--almost as green as that football field (I was watching the NFL at the time...).

"Okay," I said. "Let's go." Our youngest and I drove a mile or so east to see the what the fuss was all about. I crested the hill and the pond lay before me, and my wife was right.


It was GREEN!

We had gotten a robocall from our city earlier in the day saying that, yes--someone put something in the water and it was green, but we weren't to be alarmed. It was not toxic; it was safe. But when you see something like that, you have to wonder if that's really the case.


A news crew was there, as were a few fellow Farmingtonites. I snapped some pictures. My son kept asking if the fish and the ducks were okay. I explained to him that if it was poison, the birds and fish might be dead, already.


"Good point," he said. I wonder how long he's going to acknowledge my "good points..."


We came home and checked the local news. One second-hand Facebook post said one station reported the county put the chemicals in the water. Another station said they still don't know who did it. We'll eventually find out what happened, I'm sure.


We drove away, leaving the blazingly green water behind. I know we're told repeatedly we're supposed to do what we can to make the world a "greener" place, but this is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment