Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bill...The Unbeliever


The other day I was looking for a picture in one of my old high school yearbooks, my freshman year yearbook, to be exact. I found the picture I was looking for (the local 7-Eleven for my 7-Eleven blog post...). After finding the picture, I did a little memory lane stroll by checking out the yearbook pages.

And I checked out some of the notes and comments from my friends.

That's where I saw a comment from a Bill Shunn.

If you know Bill, you'll know he's one colorful guy...well, as colorful as a white guy from Utah can be, but you know what I mean. Bill is a published author. In fact, for as long as I've known him, he's been an author. Back in jr. high school he wrote stories; the first story of Bill's that I ever read might have been called, The Magic Bus, or something like that. A group of students got on a bus and then the spookiness began. There are specifics of the story that I have forgotten, but I do remember how impressed I was at his talent.

That was decades ago, almost four decades, and Bill's been writing ever since. But what caught my attention from my yearbook was the The Unbeliever part of his well wish. Some might think Bill's an unbeliever, especially those of us still in Utah. I'm here to say Bill is definitely a believer. 

Of course, it all depends on how you define "believer," doesn't it?

Bill--I believe I did have a "slummer of a summer," in the days and weeks following your kind note. And thanks for signing my book all those years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment