Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Upper Rows Of Lower Bowl...


Tonight a few friends and I attended a Utah Jazz game.

They played the Miami Heat.


I had a blast.

The tickets were in exchange for a favor some friends and I did last month. Unfortunately, those friends were unable to make it to tonight's game. Instead I contacted another friend and asked him if he wanted to go.


"You know," he said as we found our seats and sat down. "These are the best seats I've ever had for a Jazz game." That made me feel good. He told me as we watched the home team struggle in the first half, that he used to have season tickets back when the Delta Center was first built, but--and he showed me where those seats were--his season tickets were up there. He pointed to the upper, upper bowl. He explained why he stopped going to the games all those years ago. He made the right decision.

In the fourth quarter the fans were informed that if a Miami Heat player missed both free throw attempts--in a row--then every fan would get a free chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A. The first Heat player went 1-1. The second player, though. He missed the first one.

The place started to go nuts. An older Asian gentleman next to me was standing on his feet. He turned to me and yelled, "One more and we get chicken!" 


That was the funniest thing! I laughed and laughed.

Turns out, the player missed the second and screams filled the arena. Looks like we're getting chicken!


It was so much fun inviting my friend and his family. It's weird. I've seen my share of Jazz games--some of the games the only way I could have been closer to the action is if I was a Utah Jazz player. I've been fortunate enough to go to these games because I have great friends who have invited me in the past. Tonight was different. This time I was able to take friends instead of being the friend who is taken. It's a good feeling.


Oh, and to make things even better, the home team won.


Thanks Randy! Thanks Jeff and Marlisa! And thanks Blake and family for going tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment