Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Good Deed Story Cutting Through All the Crap...


I was looking for something to write about today. A search on various social media sites did not yield good fruit.

Unless, of course, you love reading pro/anti Trump, pro/anti Bernie posts. I really don't want to dwell on election news. It is important, but politics should be discussed civilly, and I'm not seeing a lot of civility out there right now.

Since election posts and coverage isn't the most positive influence in our lives, I wanted to find something that gave a positive story, something that might make you loyal readers feel better about mankind.

I found one.

My friend Geoff lives in the midwest so I don't see him very often, but thanks to social media, I can check in on him occasionally and see how he's doing. He introduced us to a gentleman named Todd, a hair stylist who agreed to do something nice for ten Mormon missionaries. While he did their hair they talked and got to know each other better. Todd does not share their faith, but for nine hours yesterday, that didn't matter. When we break life down to its most basic properties, we're all the same. We place differences between each other for many different reasons. Thanks Todd for being an example of selfless service and thanks Geoff for sharing!




No comments:

Post a Comment