Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dungeon Crawlers Radio...Mark Two

Picture

I ran into my friend, Daniel at the latest FanX event that happened last week. He runs a podcast called Dungeon Crawlers Radio, a podcast I've subscribed to for quite some time. A few weeks ago I noticed that I wasn't getting any new podcasts downloaded to my phone. So, when I saw my Dan, I asked him what was up.

Turns out, there's been some changes to their podcast and I was not getting any new ones because I had not yet subscribed to the new podcast.

Situation: Resolved!

Today I downloaded their most recent episode. If you're unfamiliar with this podcast, it consists of their regular commentators, Dan, Jessica, Jared, and McKay. They also have guests from time to time. If you are a geek (and know what being a geek means...), I highly recommend this podcast. Like many podcasts, we get to sit in on their conversations, as if we're in the room while they discuss all things Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, comic cons, cosplay, and basically anything else that interests them (they have a lot of interests...).

I've been fortunate enough to get to know Dan better over the past year. That happens when you go to a lot of conventions and symposiums. It's also fun to see him while Lightsaber microphone in hand interviewing great guests at these events. If I were as motivated and dedicated as he is, it's something I would like to do as well.

A couple of observations: sound quality for the new podcast--much MUCH improved! I don't think I ever told Dan (until now...) that the audio quality was not up to par, or subpar as some say. The new podcast greatly improved the listening experience. 

I have only one negative. Usually I listen to podcasts at 2X the normal speed. I tried listening to their latest episode, Batman vs Superman and they hosts spoke really fast, so fast that I had to listen to hear them at 1 1/2X speed to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They speak faster when they're excited.

So, if you're like me (and I doubt you are because you're most likely more savvy on this type of thing...), do a podcast search for Dungeon Crawlers Radio and download their latest version, Version Mark Two. I'm glad I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment