Sunday, March 6, 2016

Oh Nature...Why Are You Trying To Kill Me?


I think it was Friday. Yes, Friday was when it hit--something I've experienced fifty times before.

The beginning of allergy season.

Oh, the agony!

Right now on social media everyone is either vomiting their political opinions or complaining about how everyone is vomiting their political opinions (which, ironically, are political opinions themselves...).


But, soon many will be filling their Twitter feeds and Facebook posts about one thing they love.

Spring.

And I'll curse their names.


See, they love spring, love it with a passion that if harnessed, could power a small country. I am not one of them. Spring is not my friend. Spring has chosen me--marked me as one who suffers its existence. When buds appear, when shoots rise from their early graves and kiss the morning sun, their need to reproduce affects more than the other plants. I am one of those unfortunate few.


So, in the coming days and weeks as your thoughts turn to warmer days, increased regret of overeating during the holidays and the ignored New Years resolution of going to the gym, and the desire to do yard work, think of us, the wheezy, the swollen eyed, the sinus headached, the drowzy (due to allergy medication...).

For we are here.

And we will get through this.

And next spring, we'll do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment