Tuesday, May 24, 2016

If You're On Instagram...You SHOULD Follow Jordy Collins!


Back, oh...thirty-one years ago, I met a surfer from California. He was probably the first surfer I had ever met in my life. I did not meet him on the beach or in college, but on a train platform in Odense, Denmark. 


Not a lot of surfing in Denmark, though some do surf there.

The surfer was Daren Collins and he waited for me to get off a train with all my earthly possessions in two suitcases. Both of us wore suits, ties, and black name tags. For the next two months we served together as missionaries for the LDS church, and we've been friends ever since.


Unfortunately, Daren and I haven't seen much of each other in the past thirty-one years. Both of us got married and raised kids. Part of the miracle that is social media is being able to follow your friends and their families and seeing what they're up to.


And on Facebook yesterday my friend asked the digital world to help out his son, who is following in his father's footsteps. Jordy just won the Boys West Coast Champion Under 17 title and he's looking for more Instagram followers.


So, if you're on Instagram (which I know many of you are...), search jordy_collins and give the kid a follow. You're supporting a great surfer and he's posted some beautiful pictures. You know, I've never met Jordy, but if he's anything like his father, he's a total stud!

1 comment:

  1. What a really awesome post this is. Truly, one of the best posts I've ever pop over jubelirerstrategies witnessed to see in my whole life. Wow, just keep it up

    ReplyDelete